Our region currently has ten Competitivity Clusters in which companies, universities and laboratories from the Pays d'Aix are involved. Five of them are more directly concerned.
Main activities in the Pays d'Aix
The economic environment of the Pays d'Aix-en-Provence is characterised by a dense economic fabric composed of major customers and many highly efficient SME/SMIs that often bring added value to the leading edge sectors that are its major poles of activity.
Historically the main activities in the Pays d'Aix are:
- Nuclear and renewable power with the CEA at Cadarache (Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission),
- Aeronautical with AIRBUS HELICOPTERS,
- Digital with the French Tech Label and the Tech Champions, such as Voyage Privé, Allopneus, Auto Escape, Digital Virgo, DNX Corp or HighCo...
- The food industry especially concerning Mediterranean produce which is internationally renowned for its nutritional value,
- Logistics and Transport providing the needed services,
- Cosmetics / Health with ESTHEDERM BIODERMA and, of course, the Thermes Sextius d'Aix-en-Provence,
- The main public and para-public institutions.