Training, Research and HR
The Aix-Marseilles academy offers a complete range of higher education for a total of 102,000 students. This includes:
- Aix-Marseilles University giving education in law, economics, medicine, literature…
- BTSs and IUTs
- many preparatory classes to the "grandes écoles": Lettres supérieures, Saint-Cyr, HEC…
- higher education schools: IAE, Kedge Business School, IEP…
- schools of engineering: Arts et Métiers ParisTech (former ENSAM), Centrale Marseilles…
- art sector schools: Fine art schools...
There are a high number of continuing education courses and foreign language schools, or schools from foreign countries which complete the selection.
The Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region:
- is the third highest French region for the number of patents, the research and development investments (Ile de France (52.6%) and Rhône Alpes (10.3%)),
- is in 2nd highest in terms of public research in France,
- has the 2nd highest private " Research and Development" budget in France.
The main research of the Aix-Marseille labs is focused, essentially in three sectors:
- aerospace (44 % of regional spending, 27% of regional researchers),
- computing (18% of regional spending, 28% of regional researchers),
- electronics (15 % of regional spending, 19% of regional researchers).